How To Get Rid Of Mice
Mice can be a nuisance if they enter a house and it might be too difficult to get rid of them. There are steps however one can take to keep the rodents away and back to their natural habitat. Some of the ways of how to get rid of mice include:
- Sprinkling of peppermint oil in places that the mice pass through. This acts as a natural deterrent since the smell is too intense for them and the mice cannot go near it. The oil should be put in a ball of cotton wool and placed in area that the mice pass through to the house. One can also add the peppermint in food and the mice will be discouraged from eating it.
- All the possible entry points of the mice should be sealed. Mice can go through small holes because of their very soft bodies. One can use kitchen scouring pads or steel wool to seal the holes since they are too tough for the mice to chew.
- Traps are the easiest methods of catching mice. There are some that are designed to catch the mice into a box. Once they get in, they cannot go out. When disposing them, one should do so more than a mile from the house to ensure they do not return or in a place that is woody and that way, they will prefer the new habitant.
- When people ask how to get rid of mice this is one of the simplest methods that words the best. Keeping the house clean is one way of ridding it off the rodents. If there is nothing to eat, the rodents will stay away. One should store food properly in air tight containers and far from where the rodents can reach.
- Trash cans should be placed far away from the house since the smell attracts the mice.
- A house cat can be used to get rid of the mice. Outdoor cats hunt for their own food and they might track down the mice. However, not all cats have the energy to run after the mice.
- Keeping a barn owl in the compound is one of the best ways to rid mice in the hosue. The mice come out to eat at night and the owls can feed on up to 15 mice in a might.
Immediately one notices one mice in the house, chances are that there are others and one should immediately get rid of them. If you have any other great ideas on how to get rid of mice please let us know.