Best Way To Get Rid Of Mice
Mice are nocturnal creatures and that means they roam around looking for food when it is dark. They are hardly seen during the day unless there is a heavy infestation. There are many ways to know if there is a mice problem in the house.
- Funny noises at night like gnawing and scratching
- Little holes with chewed edges that the mice gnaw away. One should also look for tooth marks and shredded paper
- Mice droppings that are soft, shiny and dark
- Mushy odor in the house
- Nests made of chewed paper or clothes that are hidden in dark corners
Placing baby powder in some areas of the house when going to bed and in the morning, one may notice footprints of the mice and this makes them know where they are getting in through.
The best way to get rid of mice in the house include:
- Removing their supply of food – mice like eating grains, cereals and crumbs. They also easily adapt to anything they put their teeth on. All the food should be placed on air tight containers
- Growing mint plants in the house. The mint smell is too strong for the mice and they avoid places with such smells. On can also sprinkle the fresh leaves in areas where the mice pass through. Bay leaves, pepper mint and other plants that have an offensive smell can also be used
- Putting onions in areas where the mice pass through. The onion odor is very offensive to them
- One can place bait with peanut butter. The mice like eating it and in the process they get trapped
With many options to choose from, the best way to rid of mice in the house is to use a method that does not interfere with the day to day activities. One should choose one that is also convenient for them.
There are also some pesticides that can be used but the problem with this is that when the mice eat the poisoned food, they go to hidden corners where they die and it becomes very difficult trying to trace where the bad smell is coming from.
Some companies have come up with mice repellers. These are electric devices that transmit electromagnetic pulses that repulse the rodents. They do not produce any ultrasonic waves, odors or residues. It might be more expensive than other methods but works perfectly well.